Sunday, March 11, 2007

We had Thursday on Friday....





One of my best friends, Nicole and her daughter Thursday Lily (age 2) came to visit on Friday. It was so nice to spend the day with an old friend who has a few years experience being a mom. Anytime I am having a down day, she always brings me back up to normal.

Thursday is a handful and a total ham. At one point, we were at the mall in Pottery Barn Kids and Nicole walked away from us with Thursday in the stroller and Thursday yells across the store: "Come over here, Ali! And don't forget your baby!!". I mean seriously, that's the cutest thing in the world.

So, all in all it was a nice visit. Nicole gave me some good mommy tips - for example, when she was ready for Thursday to give up the pacifier she told her that the little babies needed them, which I thought was clever. She also said that no matter how much you hate something, if your kid loves it, you have to respect that. (This was said while we were walking into the Disney store...) Even just a few years of experience being a mom teaches you a lot.

I still don't plan on shopping frequently at the Disney store.

No comments: