Well, let me rephrase that - he got SHOTS in the thigh.
Have you ever seen something and you think to yourself, "Self, this is the saddest thing I have ever seen."
I had that experience yesterday. Levi had his 2 month doctor's appointment and got his immunizations. Two shots in one thigh, two shots in the other thigh and a squirt of some awful tasting liquid in the mouth. He cried and cried but by the time we got him strapped into his carseat, he was sound asleep again.
John and I went to lunch and went to the record store and not a peep was heard from the little guy. We stopped by the drug store on the way home to pick up some baby's Tylenol - just in case.
"Just in case" happened. He cried and whimpered and just didn't know what to do with himself. It was so sad and I couldn't explain to him that it wouldn't hurt for much longer than a day. All he knew was that he hurt. He ached all over and didn't feel good. We gave him a little bit of Tylenol and babied him (well, we baby him all the time, after all he is a baby...) and let him get some good rest. I'm pretty sure he got held for all but maybe 5 minutes of yesterday.
Today, he is happy and playful. We've decided to chill inside today since it's rainy and gross outside. My cousin said something a few weeks ago that has stuck with me. He said, "When she is crying and mad (in reference to his daughter), I think to myself, she will never remember this day. But, after good play session with lots of smiles, I think to myself, she will never remember this either."
I'm glad Levi won't remember yesterday. Too bad it won't be the last time we have to do that.

No comments:
Post a Comment