John's mom Susan came to town this weekend. I always love it when she comes (or for that matter, any grandma figure.) I have come to the conclusion that grandmas have a special gene that normal people don't have. Let me explain.
Dirty, smelly diapers don't faze grandmas. Their sense of smell rises above the occasion. (Granted, my mother really can't smell so this is not an issue.)
Screaming, crying babies also do not faze grandmas. Their sense of hearing is altered. My guess is they translate the screams into some cutesy language that new, stressed out mommies don't understand.
Grandmas also have special grandbaby voices they use. And when I say use, I mean use. Grandmas will talk a baby's ear off. I wonder if the baby ever wants to say, "Geez, will you just shut up! I'm trying to watch Dr. Phil!"
Probably not.
Grandmas are what keep new mommies sane.
Thank God for Grandmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment